Monday, March 26, 2007

If We Could Have Only Rebounded

This past Friday, the USC Trojan Men's Basketball Team played North Carolina is the Sweet 16. I was watching the game with my friends from home and they were all going for Carolina and I was lonely rooting for USC. And I was happy being the only one able to boast for the entire first half, and even the first few minutes of the second half, as we jumped out to a 16 point lead in the second half.

Then the tide turned after USC lead 49-33 with 17 minutes left in the game. North Carolina used its size to grab numerous offensive rebounds and rally to a 74-64 win.

All we had to do was grab defensive rebounds and we had the game put away. North Carolina only made 3 shots outside of the paint, but with its second, third and sometimes fourth offensive rebounds they quickly turned the USC lead to one of their own.

All I can say now is...I really hope Nick Young and Gabe Pruitt stay for one more year...because with them we are instantly a top 10 team in the hunt for next year's national title....

No comments: