Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Snowboarding

Over spring break a few of my friends and I went snowboarding in Aspen (it’s in Colorado for all those that don’t know!). Being my first time I must say that snowboarding is pretty tough to learn. We snowboarded all day (7 hours) for the whole weekend and by the third day my entire body and screaming of pain and wondering why I am torturing it!

Towards the end of the first day I started to get the hang of it and could go through the course under control, though I was staying only on my heels. I guess you are supposed to transfer from heel to toe, but I was deathly afraid of falling considering I was doing it all day long. The next morning I was so sore it hurt putting on all the gear, but I was ready to get the better!

After taking a nasty fall and feeling like crying because my body hurt so much after hitting the ice, I started to go from heel to toe. The only problem is that I am not able to stay under control while on my heels.

Anyway, I must say my overall snowboarding experience was pretty good, and they said it only gets easier right? So watch out Shaun White!!!

No comments: